1. Enhanced Multiscreen Preview panel – With Dreamweaver CS5.5 enhancements to the Multiscreen Preview panel, you can view three different screen sizes and run your code in real time. This new functionality allows you to quickly and easily preview your designs for smartphones, tablets, and PC screens. You can also preview custom screen sizes and custom styles for each device. The Multiscreen Preview panel helps you create CSS media queries and display separate style sheets for each device. Design view has been updated to read your media queries. As you change the size of Design view, the corresponding media query is applied, which allows you to switch between styles in real time. Simply resize Design view to another size and design for that device.
2. New Media Queries dialog box – provides a robust method for generating and applying multiple media queries to your page or a site-wide media query file. With Dreamweaver CS5.5, you now have the tools to rapidly adapt existing websites and applications for multiple devices on the same code base.
3. Enhanced CSS3 and HTML5 support
- Enhancements to Dreamweaver CS5.5 coding tools and workflow provide a new level of support for CSS3 and HTML5. Updates to the CSS panel, user interface, Live View, and advanced media queries help you be more productive as you design and develop for the web and mobile devices.
- Updated Live View
- CSS3 code hinting
4. Enhanced CSS panel —The CSS panel is the go-to place for quickly parsing and editing complex sets of styles.
More integrated support for HTML5—Dreamweaver CS5.5 helps you quickly and seamlessly apply your web skills to mobile design. WebKit support for mobile starter layouts, improved code hinting, and integrated management makes it easier than ever to harness the power of HTML5 innovations.
7. Live View enhancements for more accurate rendering – With Dreamweaver CS5.5 enhancements to Live View, you can now preview and manage your web, mobile, and multiscreen projects with greater accuracy and all at the same time.
8. W3C validation for improved accuracy Dreamweaver CS5.5 uses the live W3C validation service for increased accuracy and high-quality code results for multiple versions of XHTML and HTML.
9. Support for Subversion 1.7 VCS – Dreamweaver CS5.5 offers enhanced support and updated libraries for the Subversion® version control system (VCS). Version control and file management are vital elements of a web project’s success, no matter how large or small your design and development team.
10. New FTPS and FTPeS support for more secure transfers Dreamweaver CS5.5 supports FTPS (FTP over SSL) and FTPeS (FTP over explicit TLS/SSL) as native transfer protocols. These two FTP variants are growing in popularity because they enable more secure, encrypted transfer of your files